Monday, September 07, 2009

Bats in the bathroom

Today I went back to the land of infants.

My class helped 'Sage' (puppet) with her biggest worry . . . where to find the toilets.

We went on a tour, starting with the girls, and, just for fun, showed Sage where the boys toilets were too.

At this point, the youngest member of my class whispered to me 'Miss, can I tell you something?'

I bent down to listen.

'There's a bat that lives in the year 1 toilet. He's invisible until there's only one person in there and then you can see him and he flaps round your face . . . I don't want to use those ones with the bat'.

After teaching older children for a couple of years, I had to pause for a moment as I digested this.

'I know about the bat. Mr Caretaker knows about the bat as well. In the summer holidays, he went in and caught the bat, and took it to a new home. He lives somewhere else now'.

A wide-eyed and beaming child followed us back to the classroom.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 pm, Blogger Mum said...

We want more stories. The rest of the family are delighted you are teaching year 1 cos we can be entertained all year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home