Thursday, May 18, 2006

magic eyes

Kids seem to think teachers have magic eyes. When we see something wrong in an exercise book, our vision turns red. If it is right, our vision turns green. No need for actual thinking or knowing what the question was or having the foggiest clue about what the lesson is, our bodies sense right or wrong like traffic lights.

Par example (I've been teaching French, my God that was fun - I have never actually had a French lesson in my life and the children have been learning it since September). A few weeks ago, I had non-contact time to go and mark some books. I had to nip back into class to get something, and one of the kids hisses at me "Misssssssss, Is this right?" Of course, despite not even knowing what subject was being taught, or topic, or even what the question was, my auto-teacher-vision kicked in. Naturally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home