Friday, November 04, 2005

Miss, my ears are bleeding

Sweet spatulas; what a week.

Here follows a concise(ish) summary:

The Lows
Wednesday. Woke up wishing that I'd turned off the heating before I'd tumbled into bed. Result: perma-headache. Then was totally baffled by some milk which paraded to still be in date yet had curdled itself into solid lumps onto my musli. mmm nice.

The rain was POURING down in sheets. My pale-faced soggy partner climbed into my car, and gave me the unfortunate news that we had failed our maths preparation statement. Bit complicated to explain, but basically failing = bad.

After *help* and *but we worked so hard* and *it's just not fair* on route to school, we consulted our mentor at school *what can we dooooo?*, and she advised us to leave school for the afternoon to repair our punctured plan. (This would mean avoiding our course leader at all costs, as she was unlikely to find us missing an afternoon of school "groovy").

The morning with the kids included *miss, my ears are bleeding* *miss I'm about to be sick* (another baffling moment - I accompanied a green looking child to the minature hobbit-sized bathroom, where aforementioned child spat in the sink and announced "done it!", then skipped back to the classroom, followed by me with a metaphorical question mark hovering above my head.) And a very unsucessful explanation from miss about the moon being round but not like a mouse on a football. And practising walking down the corridor to the ICT suite quietly a lot. And very quickly it was time to go back to college and try and uncover where we'd gone wrong with our maths preparation statement.


A flat tyre and a missing maths tutor later, we both were ready to throw ourselves off something high up. Not a good day.

n.b. we bumped into our course leader. not groovy.

The Highs
Thursday. FANTASTIC day. (despite a very wobbly start relating to me cursing at my alarm clock). I've remembered why we're doing this.

My partner delivered a fantastic lesson - I was so proud of her. Well done, Mrs G. And although my lesson wasn't quite so smooth, (in fact descending into complete and utter chaos at one point, and all my resources being trashed), it meant that I found myself doing my first bit of major telling off ("class 2, I am very, very cross" served with a side-salad of *stern teacher look*) and I give myself an A* for that (especially as it was my first time).

And one of the kids even called me Miss instead of Mrs (that was the child with blood dripping from his ear).

And we got an email to say our re-submitted maths has passed. Life is sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home